Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I can't believe its been almost a year since I've posted. I can't believe I qualify for food stamps.


Shit.
Its not that I haven't had anything to say. Its just that I've been too beaten down to say it. Pathetic I know.
Well, I'm back and I'll start over.
My Business went under in February. Underemployed and paranoid I was informed today that I qualify for food stamps. FOOD FUCKING STAMPS! Its a bit overwhelming, but I can't seem to get a real job and while it makes me feel like a total loser to admit that, I really like eating. It's supposed to make it ok that the entire country's economy is in the toilet but I'm a 36 year old woman who is attractive, talented, has not 1 but 2 college degrees and a stellar personality and I can't get a job. Not even an $8.00 an hour job, let alone one that will pay for my Whole Foods habit or pay all those student loans back. So tomorrow I will go get in line.
To make myself feel better about taking assistance from government programs I don't particularly support or believe in, I am telling myself that its ok because despite my beliefs I have been paying into the system for the last 22 years of working. I have NEVER been without a job in 22 years. Until now. Can you believe it? I so take pride in supporting myself. Additionally I also enjoy giving freely to others. (Not because the government makes me, but because I LIKE to and WANT to help friends and others in my community) I will keep telling myself this as I stand in line tomorrow to get that free food money.
I'm not sure what else to say about that. I really like food.
Free food is good too.
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment